Saturday, September 25, 2004

The Friday Night Cry

Getting a good slap across the face is tremendously healthy every now and then. I just watched Beyond Borders with Angelina Jolie and Clive Owen.
The story was kinda, well, borderline balanced & beyond believable. Unfortunately.
And whoever did the styling, did Angelina a disservice by making her look stunning in every picture - I know, not exactly a problem I face every day, but there are situations that call for looking-like-shite in order to be taken seriously. Like, when I wade through hip high snow, I tend to look a little disheveled.
The essence of the movie, is the enormity of the work and sacrifice performed every day by relief workers. This particular film did not make it beautiful, or even all that hopeful. It made me want to go out there and scoop up every child in need and never let anything bad happen to it. It made me cry, not because of starcrossed lovers, but because I do didley squat to ease suffering in the world. Oh, sure I pay off my bad conscience with donations and such, but that is easy.
Truth is, I'm not very good at doing heroic stuff, I'm a coward.
A very lucky one at that. I figure, the least I can do is stop moaning about meaningless stuff.
Um. Yeah. Blogging doesn't count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home