Wednesday, September 15, 2004

There is a Smurf on my Turf

The fridge is making odd sounds.
Not the virtual one you are reading this very second, but the physical, actual one in our soon to be ex-kitchen.
It started a couple of nights ago when I kept hearing a noise that sounded like somebody was playing on a metal grid.
At first I thought it was the dish rack, and emptied it.
Then, I thought it was one of the kitchen cabinets that has a metal grid shelf, and for a horrifying split second I thought there was a tap dancing rat in it. I've had my fair share of tap dancing rats and can well do without for the rest of my life.
Then I realized it was coming from the fridge. But, like in a bad comedy sketch routine, every time I opened the fridge the sound would stop.
Last night it graduated from a merely audible tapping sound to a full out gargle. Basically it sounded like there was a smurf slurping Jell-o every time I closed the door.
Perhaps the fridge is saying good bye?
Or, rather, considering all we ever kept in there was olive spread and milk, it was saying good riddance?

1 Comments:

Blogger Wild Bill said...

It's probubly haunted. I hope your not still depressed.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home