Friday, September 03, 2004

I am Always Right

I am fabulous, beautiful, smart and most of all, always right.
Just ask my husband. He can verify that no matter what, I am always right.
It is really a great skill and I don't use it sparingly. Why should I? God, or whomever bestows us with the skills that we are given at birth, gave me this one.
Yeah, so what if you have spotted bad grammar and typos? I am still right.
Until, of course, I decide that someone else is right, then we are both right and I happen to agree with the other person's version. It doesn't mean I was wrong, it simply means that I, in my all knowing rightness, am still right.
I guess some people, who are less right than I am, are envious of my skill, some even go so far as to argue with me! Ah the poor unwitting fools. In the end - you know it - I'm right. Being right all the time can be difficult, sometimes, it's lonely at the top .
However, I know my limits, because even with regards to limit, I am, well, right. So there isn't much harm I can do with my being right. I don't know chemistry, so I can't blow anything up by being right. I stay away from piloting and international politics. Things that can go horribly wrong if you don't listen to other people. Can you imagine me having a conversation with air traffic controllers?

- I don't care what you say, I KNOW there is NO mountain straight ahead.

The same goes for international politics. Making a statement such as the one the Governor of California did during the GOP convention, stating that only one country in the world can lead in the quest for global peace, is pretty much the same as flying straight into a mountain. We would never accept any such statement from say China or India, and there are a lot more of them than there are Americans.
That is why the UN has to be powerful. There has to be a global forum where all countries despite size and military strength are represented, where the common goal is peace, where democracy means equal say for every point of view - not 'being right'.
You know I'm right about this.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. :)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

The mentality of the GOP frightens me! I hope that you don't think that ALL Americans feel this way. This kind of mentality makes me want to head to Canada!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Cheryl! I know way too many Americans to think that. I simply think it is not a wise strategy for world peace.

1:09 PM  
Blogger disinterpreter said...

Interesting, the anon comment to Cheryl was posted by me but i checked the wrong box...

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home