Friday, September 17, 2004

Divorcing Danes

I am 1/8th Danish. It stands to reason then that 1/8th of me - my left leg below the knee, or so - was shocked by the news that prince Joachim and princess Alexandra are getting a divorce. Zzzz...
Wait, what was I saying? Oh right, so they are getting a divorce and guess who gets custody of the kids? That's right, the Queen of course, or, as Alex might say the Queen in-law. How weird would that be?
You get a divorce and your in-laws get the kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my in-laws, but can you imagine being in an emotionally intense state with your ex-spouse and the one calling the shots is his/her mother? Oh the horror.
The kids will apparently continue to live with their mother, so it isn't totally absurd.
All I can say is that in our family this situation would never arise. Nope, we take the much healthier stance of simply never talking to/about whomever was divorced out of the family.
There are members of my family who haven't seen each other for nearly three decades.
Now that is what I call a divorce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home