Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Sleepy Hollow

Am sleepy & hollow inside.
Because of moving. Am a fabulous packer, some might say anal retentive, I say blessed with a divine organizational skill. Problem is the skill does not sleep. It keeps thinking of new and revolutionary ways of sorting things, even when I am so tired I cannot but schlump into bed.
This is day three of less than adequate sleep.
In my teens and twenties I completely ran my sleeping account into the ground. I owe something like a quadrillion hours. Now when I don't get the full 8 hours I turn into grumpy space cadet, bar the afore mentioned organizational skill which takes on an ever so slight fascist undertone ("Why are there off-whites mixed with the whites?"). Also, when I don't get enough sleep, or if I get too much sleep, I sneeze like crazy. Yeah, go figure.
Before you start feeling sorry for my better half, know this; he loves my packing and has come to rely on it. Or so he says. The sneezing he could do without.
Yesterday I found out we get our new apartment two days earlier than originally planned. Of course this threw me into flux capacitor over drive.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home